Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's been awhile!

"Taos Butterfly" by Judith
Hello! I haven't blogged in a long time. It is partly because I haven't had the courage and partly because I've been debating whether to change the focus of my blog. I have still sent out my creativity coaching newsletter regularly and didn't want this to be a repeat. Well, some of it may be at times, e.g. my latest painting to the left.
Then, this morning I received a jolt as I found a web site just for women called "Braveheart." (see link in Gadgets at the bottom of the page) How wonderful for a woman to be called that. And, it gave me the courage to change my blog to one of talking about creativity, and the creative process.
I have been in deep transition the past several months, getting braver in putting my art out in the world and being accepted into a gallery. This is hard for me, like for many women, as we were so carefully taught (I'm in a generation before women's liberation) to be quiet and serve others without thanks. However, if we discover a talent and a passion, then we must put it out there to share, no matter the cost. And, the transition to be seen and heard is a journey in courage in spite of the doubts and fears. Well, I have, as well as showing recently at the JandreauArt gallery (see link in Gadgets at the bottom of the page)in Taos, put my on-line gallery up! Check it out at the link on the left.
My writing has deepened too as I am now in the stages of revision and learning in even more detail writing techniques. We can never learn enough in our craft, can we? I have been working with the excellent teacher & editor Elizabeth Stark and a supportive group of men and women in finalizing my book. My goal is to finish it by June 15th!
I will post this more regularly now as it will be more up-to-date than my web site (I am working on how to up-date that.) I hope you are having a delicious and happy spring.




No comments: