Sunday, September 13, 2009

Near Autumn Contentment


Hollyhock photo by Judith

As I looked out my studio window the hollyhocks have their last blossoms of the season on them. I love hollyhocks, and in my wildflower garden I'm letting them grow where they want. So lovely & so nice to have a patch that can grow itself, kind of like us humans saying we'll go with the flow. It must be close to autumn as this morning I picked the last onion and then came in and cleaned my mud room cum larder/pantry! And, yes, the countdown to the Taos Arts Festival Open is looming, so working madly on my large canvas. I groan at every "mistake," then fall into the challenge of "how can I fix this?!" Yes, I am content today with my painting, deep-cleaning a room, and gazing on my last hollyhocks! I hope your countdown to autumn is as lovely for you.

No comments: