Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Time Out = Inspiration

Photo by Artist Florian Maier-Aichen

When we get depleted how can we renew? For me, having almost completed a huge project that took up my creative time & physical energy for weeks, I took a complete day off today & finished reading a novel, then watched the Art:21 episode that included Mairer-Aichen's photography. It's just what I needed: to see how a photographer can combine abstract with representation in one image! The day with just resting with creativity has filled my cup. By the weekend I should be finished with the other project (not my own) & I'll have images and good writing (Little Bee by Chris Cleave) simmering in my sub-conscious so that when I do get back to my own work, I'll be raring to go! Do you give yourself time-out?

No comments: