Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Almost as Good as Being There

"Composition VIII,"Wassily Kandinsky

1923, Oil on Canvas


My daughter went to the wondrous 5 floor exhibit of Kandinsky at the Guggenheim yesterday. Oh, man, how I 'd have loved to be there as Kandinsky is high on my list of favorite-of-all-time-artists! I devoured his book On the Spiritual in Modern Art and still refer to it. Well, since I can't be in NYC anytime soon I went to the website and viewed the virtual tour of the show. The link is www.guggenheim.org/new-york/exhibitions/on-view-now/kandinsky
It is important for me to immerse myself in others art, writing, music, for inspiration and ideas for technique! Tonight the next episode of the 5th season of Art:21 is on PBS. Oh, what a week of immersion! How will you dive into the waters of your favorite creative this week?

No comments: