Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dancing Out

"Dancing Out," acrylic on canvas
12" x16" by Judith

O.K., the art, writing, or musical score is done. You even have a venue, yet "things" take up your time & you don't get it out the door. What do you do? That's what I'm figuring out this week. How do I get over the terror of stage fright? I even asked my friend Bonnie Ann how she did it when she used to whistle, dance, and sing on stage during the time of the Big Bands. She started very young, at about 12 or 13, so it was second nature. By the way some of the bird song in Walt Disney's "Snow White" are Bonnie Ann's whistles! We all have our reasons for our stage fright, and I know what mine are. Do you know yours? Knowing is half the battle. I'm glad it's Halloween and Day of the Dead as I feel like the skeleton ~ more than naked, dancing out the door. Yet, this time of year also reminds us that we can put on the "costume" or mask of professional artist, writer, musician, dancer & do it, never mind the jello guts inside. And, to do it one task at a time. For instance I just printed out the labels for some of my mini paintings while typing and watching snow falling out the window. Tomorrow I'll package them and take them to the post office. That gives me breathing space to calm my nerves. I'll let you know how it goes in a future blog.
Have a fun Halloween/Day of the Dead celebration!

No comments: