Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Art Vending Machines ~ Yes, there are!


"Winter Medley," ink & acrylic on wood
Judith, Oct. 09

In my on-line art marketing class today, I will learn about bragging rights! Ouch, I was carefully taught as a child not to brag! Yet, I will learn to tout my work more. Here goes ~ I was accepted by Art-O-Mat to be one of their artists. My goal now is to paint 50 original paintings in a short order of time! Do go to their web site
http://www.artomat.org/ & see where there is an art machine near you. It's so much fun (now I'm bragging about them!). Remember those old cigarette vending machines, those of you old enough? They are outlawed now, but the chap who owns Art-O-Mat has bought them up & has converted them to vending art, each piece original, for $5 each. Now, you can't say art is too expensive to collect!
The piece above that got me in was inspired by my beautiful Taos Mountain and my gorgeous, giant blue spruce tree in the unusual early snow storm here. Now, we have Indian Summer & I found some blue bird feathers on the mesa yesterday. How will I incorporate those into my art? The art muse will tell me in time. Also, just started A.S. Byatt's The Children's Book. Amazing writing! May your creative week be so inspiring.

No comments: