Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hidden gems!


Leonids Meteor
stock photo

I happened to wake up at 4 a.m. & looked out the window & saw the meteors. How inspiring! Unless we are star gazers, we don't usually see the awe-inspiring spectacle of the stars and planets in the clear night sky. They are a hidden gem of nature to us. How wonderful to be able to open one's eyes and see the hidden things all around us: the sparkle of the sun on a patch of snow that we usually walk right by, our minds on our errands or a problem, the raven strutting across the yard, or the laugh of a friend. I'm glad I looked out the window. I could have jumped right back under the duvet as it was quite chilly, but I would have missed the sight that will be an inspiration for a painting! We must remember to put the looking for hidden gems in our daily planner next to the errands & appointments!

No comments: