Thursday, December 3, 2009

Snow and Holiday Whirl


My Blue Spruce in snow
photo by Judith

I'm glad we're having a snowfall today! I was going to go out & do errands & meet a friend for coffee. The coffee was canceled and now I get to stay in and slow down. We all know that life gets extra busy at the holidays, yet things like chores, bills, work, our creativity, and those myriad small and large problems that show up at our doorsteps don't step aside to make room for the extra holiday things we want and need to do. Perhaps we should calendar in a slow-down day or hours. I will do that for next week, and hope I don't forget. Today I will play catch-up especially with my art. I've had to do so much outside work that my art has consisted in doodling in the margins of my notepad while taking notes for a book I'm typing and editing for someone else! I'm also making headway with the "problem-to-solve" in my novel! I hope you can take some breathing space for yourself and your creativity in this holiday whirl.

No comments: